A quick update: I was a little disappointed today when the physician's assistant told me that, from his experience, most people don't do the radioactive iodine for about 6 weeks after surgery, waiting for their hormone levels to be where they need to be. I REALLY hope I'm the exception to the rule (as I have been through almost this entire thing) and can start the treatment sooner so I don't have to miss school. Or WORSE, not be able to play with my little nephew when he and my sis come to visit. But the GOOD news is it really is a one-time dose with a follow-up scan. I'll need to be scanned every year as well, but he's very conident the RA-I (radioactive iodine) will do the job. More info on Friday after I see the oncologist! Loves to you all! Again, your love and prayers and help sustain me more than you know! :)
Splash Children's Ministry
9 years ago

4 comments:
Lizzy,
I think you look so great! Thanks for letting us spend the day with your adorable daughter. She is so smart, and she was cracking us up! We are totally planning to do it again soon so I will be in touch with you. We are praying for you. Love you!
Jodi
Jodi, you're the best! Noelle had a WONDERFUL time with you and your cute kids. In fact, I'm still trying to figure out how to upload that adorable picture you sent on the phone. It would look great on here!!!
Love you SO much. Thanks again, dear, for all your help.
It looks AWESOME Liz!!! Keep up with special creams and lotions (Nacho!) and I'm sure it'll hardly be noticeable! loVE YOU!
ROFL about the Nacho Libre quote! I love eeeet!
Thanks, dearest. I went to the mall today (don't worry, it was just to return something and let Noelle play on the playground while I sit in the a/c) and I was happy that so few people even noticed it. I have vitamin E and sunscreen and splurged on an expensive Dead Sea moisturizer, lol. Love ya!
Post a Comment