I now have an appointment with the radiation oncologist on July 18th. From there, we will find out when I can do the radioactive iodine treatment. It all depends on my hormone and iodine levels, but I'm hopeful that we can do it the first week of August. That would give me about 2 weeks recovery before school starts and before my wonderful sister and nephew come for a visit. It's not NEARLY as bad as chemo: I take one dose of the stuff, they do a scan, and I get to have a vacation...from my PROBLEMS (that's a throw back to the classic What About Bob, fyi). I get to hole myself up in my Dad's basement for a week. I will literally be "hot" so I can't be around children and should only be close to adults for small amounts of time. But no worries, I'm going to rent LOTS of movies, bring scrapbooking stuff with me (not that I'll DO it), walk on the treadmill (again, not that I'll DO it), read good books and play on the computer. It really WILL be a vacation, aren't you jealous?!
4 comments:
Good luck with everything Liz. You are so positive and I am certain everything will go well especially because of your amazing attitude! Keep those positive vibes going and we will too! We love you and you are in mine and Dannys prayers. Libby and Danny
YIKES Liz, not the way you planned on spending your summer vacation huh? Think of the stories you'll have to tell when school starts again. Enjoy the peaceful week at your dad's. Don't spend too much time on the treadmill, but lots of time reading and scrapbooking ;)
Welcome to blogging!
"I'm ON vacation!!!!!" (Again - What about Bob) Sounds like you are making the best of the forced seclusion. Get a playstation and Guitar Hero and you won't even NEED a treadmill or scrapbook stuff!!! And then read a bit when your fingers get tired!! I love you TONS and hope you get to start the treatment when you want to!!!
Hurray! Radiation is TOTALLY the prefect reason to splurge and get Guitar Hero!!! I like the way you think. ;)
Post a Comment