Thursday, August 7, 2008

Help me, I'm glowing!

Well, folks, today was the day! I took the radioactive iodine pills around noon today and headed straight to Dad's house, where my wonderful family (thanks Jen, Dad and Matt!) took good care of me. So far, I don't feel too bad. My cheeks, jaw and under my chin have swelled up and are tender (I look like a chipmunk) but other than that, I can't complain. I've had lots of rest and water and already managed to watch 2 movies. :) By this time tomorrow, I'll be able to eat dairy and salt again. Happy day! I'm still exhausted and achy from no thyroid meds, but I get to take them on Saturday, so all really is good. Thanks to my wonderful family and friends who are praying for me and helping take care of Noelle. You guys are just the best!

Funny story: I hadn't realized that after they take the pills out of the lead box, everyone's susceptible. I guess I figured I'd need time for them to start working, like a pain pill or something. Silly me :P I pop the pills and start walking back to my doctors....who immediately backed away from me like I had the plague. I said, "Oh, they work that fast huh?" and they laughed. Guess I should've noticed they were all standing in doorways while I went to the middle of the room to take it, huh?!

5 comments:

Kathie said...

That is crazy! My mom had to take the pill too I guess -- in the lead box. I still think it's crazy they are so afraid of it, yet you are allowed to INGEST it?!?!?! Glad you are hanging in there... what movies did you watch? We just watched Sandlot with Charity & Emily over (14 & 12 yrs old now FYI)

lizdye said...

Im glad your doing so well and being so positive. You are AMAZING

Pezlady Jana said...

Oh that is funny! Hang in there LIz! I bet the worst part of all of this is not having Noelle around to lift your spirits! Love you!
-Jana

Sbankhead said...

oh liz, you are a rock star so positive always!!! Hope things continue to go well. Love ya tons Shannon

Todd and Wendy said...

Run away!!! Run away!!! (Holy Grail) That's a pretty funny story... guess you weren't really feelin the love right then eh? Sheesh ;o)